Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Quilts in motion

I've recently realized that the quilts I am working each have their own story. And if I don't write up these stories, they will be lost. So I intend to post something about the quilts that will provide some history to go with the pictures.

Old Shirt Quilt

Today I got to work on the Old Shirt quilt. A customer was given a quilt top by her step-mother - who found it in the bottom of her Dad's closet. No one knows exactly who or when it was created. Since it is just a top and quite old, it needs some repairs and a back. There were about 20 holes that I fused with some iron on stuff that's specifically designed to repair holes. The final row on two sides were so damaged we agreed to remove them. It makes the quilt a rectangle instead of a square but that doesn't get noticed by many people.

The next step is to add a border in a lovely navy.

Chocolate Mint quilt

Last night I finished the binding on the Chocolate Mint quilt. It is so pretty, I might not be able to sell this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment