Sunday, November 23, 2014

Progress on Baby A's quilt

This weekend, I got to meet with Baby A's mom and we made some decisions on how to put her quilt together. It always surprises me but after all the pieces of material are cut out of the cute clothes, it is much easier to figure out what to do with it.

The objective is to get a twin-sized quilt from the garments. We are going to add a couple more garments to fill in the blank spots and even leave a couple of the blocks blank - to pause for the eye.

Now, all the blocks have backing. I think this picture probably looks a lot like the last one from the previous post but to me, I know that each piece is now stabilized and has be squared up to be just the right size.



I took a chance and stitched around one of them to show mom what we could do if she wanted to go this direction and, of course, she wants all of them to have the stitching (in grey) around the center piece. Although this will take some time and patience, it will make all of them look like they belong together and it will secure them so they really don't go anywhere.  It's hard to see in this picture but IRL, it looks very nice :)


The odd sized pieces are a bit of a challenge. I haven't decided exactly what to do with these. If I put 4 of the backing blocks together, all 3 of the odd-balls fit but I'll play with this a little more before making a suggestion.


The next step is to get all of them onto the backing and stitch around the edges. This being a holiday week, I'm hoping to get this next step done by the weekend - depends on how much I end up working on Friday.

Progress is such a satisfying thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment