Monday, April 18, 2016

Modern Lap Quilt

I have a little more time on my hands than I thought I might so I am making a quilt for my friend who is getting married this summer. We've attempted to get together to pick put a pattern and material but there always seems to be something getting in the way.

Until the other day... I'd just bought Tula Pink's new book - 100 Modern Blocks. Putting a bunch of blocks together that aren't the same pattern reminded me of my friend - nice to look at and bloody complex when you actually get into it.

So he asked for a Green quilt. I went down to the Pacific Fabric outlet store and got stuck in the Batik section - no surprise there :)

To make a lap quilt is going to take about 40 blocks so it will take a few posts before all of them are done but here's what I've got so far. Lots more to come...
Start with 1/3 yard each
Tula's block is on the left - from her book. The one for the lap quilt is on the right.















No comments:

Post a Comment