Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sunset over Sedona - top and back done

The top is large enough to go on our queen-size bed but it doesn't fall down very far. We have an older bed and I know once it's been updated, the mattress will be taller and then this quilt won't look very good. SO... I laid out all the left over material and decided to put a row of piano keys all the way around the quilt. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough material to make this happen so the corners are all one piece. If anyone notices this, I'll politely ask them to leave.




I like this one so much, I violated my promise not to buy any more material until I went back to work. I bought a beautiful Chambray for the back. When I had it all ironed and laid out on the cutting table, Michael asked if I was going to put a few other fabrics with it - to break it up a bit. I hadn't thought about that but since I've done that on other quilts, why not on ours. The blocks are rather small given there isn't much material left but I like the way it breaks up the solid.




Now all I have to do is wait for my first (or second) paycheck so I can take it down to Angie and get the long-arm quilting work done. Can't wait for this one to be on the bed - it totally changes the feel of our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment