Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sunset Over Sedona

A couple years ago, I talked Michael into buying me a kit of material for Christmas. I was really attracted to a Laurie Shifrin quilt that was hanging on the wall at The Quilting Loft for a while but the colors were all wrong. So Michael and I pulled a few bolts of fabric we really liked and Laurie finished putting the rest of the kit together. After opening my gift - Yes, Michael wrapped it and put it under the tree for me (ahhh!) - I read through the instructions and promptly put it away. Laurie's quilts are for a more advanced quilter than I thought I was.

This year, I've been on a mission to complete all the projects that are above the counter in my workspace and Sunset Over Sedona was the last one I picked up. I decided to just trust my skill and start cutting. I may have made a few mistakes along the way but we like the results so much, this is one we are going to keep for our own bed. The colors are simply stunning and getting to work with Batik was a real pleasure.

So far, the top is done to the end of the pattern but it isn't quite big enough for our bed so I'm going to have to improvise (and get some more material). I've put it away again until I get back to work and have some excess funds.

Here's what it looks like:





No comments:

Post a Comment