Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lava Meets Sky - progress report

I know there has been a long silence on this project but that doesn't mean we aren't making progress.

The design for the borders finally got worked out - took a lot of math to determine how much material was needed and to get the angles just right but the customer is happy and so am I.






The backing material is from Robert Kaufman - Raspberry chambray. It is a combination of red and blue that totally changes color with the light and angle you are looking at it. My pitiful photography skills certainly do NOT do it justice.

We took it to the long-arm and selected the quilting design and thread. I was really glad that Angie was there the day we took the quilt in - she had great recommendations for the thread. And it turned out just gorgeous!





I'm working on getting the binding done - and the label put on it. The customer will be in Seattle for Labor Day weekend so it will be ready to deliver. It is the biggest quilt I've done so far - wow is it big. Seemed a little silly to be tacking down binding on a queen sized quilt in the hottest part of the year but it just takes a little fussing to keep it off my lap but still close enough to hand-stitch the binding. Boy the things we do just to get a project completed, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment