Thursday, November 21, 2013

Just a few quick notes...

I met with the owner of the Wedding Guest quilt and we picked out the border, backing and binding material. The top and back should be ready in a couple weeks to take to the Long-arm quilter for the next step. This one is turning out quite nice.

Met with a new customer who had people bring pieces of material that meant something to them to her wedding. We went through what she received and it is going to very interesting figuring out how to put it together into a quilt. Fortunately, she is open to the "scrap" quilt look and she likes that the material doesn't have a color scheme. There are a couple pieces she really likes so those will be the focus materials and others will fade into the background. This one will take a lot of prep work - lots of different kinds of material in various conditions. Should be fun.

Talked with the customer who wanted placemats made and her life has changed a bit in the past few months. Her partner has been in the hospital for months and will be coming home soon but will be in a wheelchair for a while. We are sifting gears and will make a lap quilt instead of placemats. I bought a couple solids to use in the boarder. I'll post pictures once I get the idea that's in my head made up.

I get to join a couple other women at a Craft Fare Saturday to sell my quilts. Terrifying and exciting all at the same time. Who'da thought I'd ever get to a point where selling something I made would be a good thing. Since I've never done something like this, I'm not sure what to expect but if I get to sell a couple quilts, I'm down with that.

And, the first quilt I took to The Quilt Loft for help is being picked up by its new owner today! I made this one from scraps of material left over from the dresses I used to make for little girls. I'd only done one other quilt and wasn't sure what I was doing or if I was really interested. It is so great to see it go to a new born - and a good home :)

Lots going on and lots to do - just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment