Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wedding Guest Quilt

This week I hooked up with the owner of the Wedding Guest quilt to show off what has been accomplished. All the blocks are together with a rich chocolate brown sash to help separate the chaos of the blocks. She picked out the border, backing and binding material.

It's really hard to tell from my poor photography but the border is a rich cream on cream herringbone print. The back is a beautiful plum with grapes and leaves woven into the fabric.




Today, I got to put the border on and make the backing. This is a beautiful quilt. We'll get together in a week or so to talk with the Long-arm quilter to take it to the next step. The border is so close to the color of the floor (where I laid it to take a picture) it's hard to tell where the quilt stops and the floor begins.

Wedding Scrap Quilt

I met a new customer this week - thanks to the wonderful people at The Quilt Loft who keep passing out my business cards - and she handed me a bundle of material to make into a quilt. She had asked the people who attended her wedding to bring material that meant something to them. It is an interesting combination of colors and patterns without an obvious connection - at least there isn't a connection by just looking at the material. So it is going to have to be a design as you go quilt - with some creative adjustments along the way to make everything fit.
 
Now that I have all the material ironed and the clothing pulled apart, it is easier to see what I've got but I haven't quite come up with an idea for putting it together. Very interesting project!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment