Thursday, December 26, 2013

Basic Quilting Class #1

I had planned to give this quilt to the Long-arm after I got a job - I wasn't in any hurry to get this one done. And then a friend asked if I had anything that she might be able to give her mother for Christmas. She came over and looked through the quilts  that were ready and didn't find what she was looking for - she wanted a small/lap sized quilt and since her mother was fond of purple, that was the preferred color. Unfortunately, the only purple quilt I have done is quite modern and not exactly the style she was looking for.

As we looked at the project I have in progress, the quilt from class jumped out at me. There is a lot of purple in it, it's flowers and is quite  "sweet". When I laid it out on the floor, I could tell it was just what she was looking for.

So, The Quilting Loft was nice enough to say they could get it quilted by Monday if I could get it to them before the weekend. No problem - it already had a back and was ready to go. I got it back Monday afternoon quickly sewed the binding on and made the label and then plopped down in front of the TV and started to hand stitch the binding on. I got done around 11 o'clock so we fell asleep to the sound of the quilt in the washing machine.

I got to deliver the finished quilt on Tuesday - just in time for my friend to wrap it up and put it under the tree for Christmas morning. Not only did I learn lots in this class but now, the results is going to get used. The best of all possible worlds - at least for me :)

Here are a few pictures of the finished product.


 

Pieced back

No comments:

Post a Comment