Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wedding Patchwork Quilt

I finally cleared the decks enough to start working on the Wedding Patchwork quilt - both physical and mental. This is a really interesting one - there's no common or focus material. It's a stack of material that wedding guests brought with them to the ceremony and now I get to make it into a quilt.

There were a number of pieces that got fussy cuts - just certain parts of the material are going into the quilt. And others that are to be used "sparingly". And there are a couple pieces that just needed the edges trimmed and they will go in as is.

I got nearly all the cutting done and made a couple blocks - from little scraps. And then laid it out on our bed. Can't wait to hear what Michael has to say about this one. It isn't even remotely orderly like most of my stuff.

Here's a couple shots at the lay-out; not that it will stay this way but this will give the owner a chance to see where I'm heading and correct my course if need be.




Christmas Bake Shop

I know I promised not to bore you with too many pictures of the cookies I made for Christmas giving so here are just a couple. We've sampled each of the different kinds and they are all quite yummy. I got to distribute bags of cookies yesterday - very fun.
Anise-Almond Biscotti and Moravian Wafers
 
Double Chocolate and Coconut Macaroons
  
Chocolate Shortbread and Oatmeal Squares

Cinnamon Swirls and Chocolate Chip
 

Pecan Icebox Cookies

All wrapped and ready to deliver

Christmas Placemats

I got 4 placemats put together, quilted and the binding sewn on. I just need to get the binding tacked down before Wednesday and we'll use them for our Christmas dinner. I like this pattern so much I think I'll use it for the yellow and grey fat-quarter bundle I bought a few months ago - it would look great with solids.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment