Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Placemats

I found a few pieces in my stash to put along with the fat-quarter bundle I got last year and played with these pieces the other day. I decided to use Laurie Shifrin's Making Waves pattern to make placemats. Don't know if I'll do the table runner - can't think of how I'd use it.

So here we go...


Other Christmas Activity

For the past few years, I've made several different kinds of Christmas cookies to spread around to the people in my life. A couple weeks ago, I told Michael I was thinking about NOT making cookies this year - I'd much rather quilt than spend all day in the kitchen. Much to my surprise, he asked me to reconsider my decision. That so seldom happens, I did reconsider and have spent the past couple days pulling recipes, grocery shopping and finally, yesterday I started making cookies. I got four batches made but only two baked - the other two get to hang out in the freezer for a while so I'll bake them up in a day or so.

The first batch was the most chocolaty cookie I've ever made - 2 pounds of chocolate and 1/2 cup flour (wouldn't want to distract from the chocolate). Michael pronounced them good - high praise from him.

And this is one of my favorite - Anise Almond Biscotti. Delish!

There is plenty more to come but don't know that I'll bore everyone with the details. Just my way of explaining why there isn't any quilting going on up in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment