Sunday, December 22, 2013

Wedding Patchwork Quilt

I spent a lot of time yesterday and today working on the Wedding Patchwork Quilt and it is finally starting to come together. I'm learning a lot about myself with this one - not that I didn't already know this but I have a rather structured way of thinking and doing things. This quilt isn't in rows and the pieces are all different sizes and colors and the customer wants something that includes all the material in no particular order. So that is what she is going to get (I'm proud to say).

I pinned a flannel sheet so it was the size of the top of a Queen sized bed - fortunately, we have a queen so I used it for laying out all the pieces. I really wanted to figure out if there was enough material to make the quilt but even after laying out the pieces, I wasn't sure. So I took fate in my hands and started sewing.

I'm really glad we did all the pre-Christmas shopping yesterday so all I had to do today was sew. Although I never really got into a "rhythm" like I do with other quilts, I feel like I got to know the material and to trust my first instinct in putting it together.

About half way though the first section, I remembered that the customer was supposed to find a collage logo and I hadn't heard from her so a quick email revealed she really wants to have this logo in the quilt but hasn't gotten it yet. So she'll take care of that and we'll get together after the new year. I'm a little sad that I won't be able to just finish the top this week but without the logo, she isn't going to be happy and I'm not going there.

So, here are the two sections that are sewn together. I suspect I'll need to add a row between the sections to make it long enough to fit on top of the bed so I won't sew the sections together until the third one is done (complete with logo).


No comments:

Post a Comment