Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baker's Dozen

Oh my! As time consuming as the 13 blocks were, the connecting blocks and assembly were dead simple. This is the first quilt in a while that doesn't require
"flowering" because there is simple sashing between each row.


I'm going to look for a beginner's photography class so my pictures convey how wonderful this piece has turned out to be.

The back will be a simple gray flannel and I'm going to do some stitch-in-the-ditch quilting - more on that when I get around to it.
 

Michael spent the afternoon golfing - it was actually 70 here today and a perfect day for golfing. I decided to do some prep work for meals this week - decided that if I were working, I'd be spending some time on the weekend prepping so I'm just going to fake it until I make it (till I get a job that is).

What was to be just a short stint peeling and blanching a few things turned into about 5 hours of working in our beautiful kitchen. I even fixed a recipe out of the Julia Child book - Cauliflower and water cress gratin. It was the movie Julie and Julia that set the example for my quilting passion and this blog so it only seems fitting that I mention my afternoon of cooking. Bread with olive tapenade and chocolate cream pie for dinner - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment