Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Labels

I have to say, the only step in making a quilt that I don't look forward to is making the label for the back. My machine stitches letters and numbers so it isn't all that difficult - it just takes me for ever to figure out what I want to do. I've looked at dozens of preprinted labels but they never seem to be what I want.

A few months ago, I read an article that suggested making a block from the left overs and integrate the label as one of the pieces of the block. This method has worked out much better than anything else I've tried. Not that I'm pleased with them yet but I'm much closer than I was a few months ago.

I turned the 3rd corner on the binding for the OS Quilt yesterday and realized I hadn't made the label yet and I finished the Baker's Dozen quilting yesterday so that will need a label also. It seems to work best if I have more than one to do at the same time.

What do you think of these?

Kaleidoscope Placemats

When my sister was in town last time, I drug her to the fabric store - because that what I do with all the people I like. She mentioned that the placemat I'd made for her partner was falling apart from all the washing - he is a mechanic and everything he touches evidently needs lots of washing.

So she picked out a couple pieces for new placements and I found a few more that fit with the theme. Now, she is planning to come for a visit in a few weeks so I decided I'd better get crackin' so she can see what her choices are going to look like.

Here's the material - so far. I selected a Chevron pattern. I'll make all the material into the chevron and then cut it to the size she needs for placemats and put some borders on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment