Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baker's Dozen

I got  my sewing machine back from the shop yesterday - earlier than planned; how many times does that happen? I sewed the pieces of the Twinkle Twinkle ornaments but they don't look like anything until I get them turned so no pictures.

This morning, I had a familiar battle going on... Michael got up early to go golfing  so my plan was to start piecing together the Baker's Dozen quilt. So as soon as Michael left (that almost always seems to wake me up), my brain was pushing to get up and get started but my body wanted another couple hours sleep. As usual, the excitement of getting to quilt won and I made excellent progress.

There are 13 blocks, each with 4 rows and two borders - sounds like a lot of work but man, they are turning out quite nice...

Row 1 - 3 pieces
 
Row 2 - 6 pieces
 Row 3 - 3 pieces
 
Row 4 - 4 pieces
 
Block rows all sewn together

The first border is a solid dark purple. I got a couple of the sides on before I ran out of energy. A nice day's accomplishment if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment