Monday, September 9, 2013

Old Shirt Quilt

Today, I got to hook up with the owner of the Old Shirt quilt at The Quilt Loft so we could work with the Long-arm quilter. We picked out a quilt motif, thread and batting. It's always a little scary to drop off a quilt but since this one was such old material, it took us a little more time than usual to make sure all the seams would service the machine. Bottom line, it is going to be beautiful.

Mother's Love Quilts

I also got to see one of the Mother's Love quilts. It had just come off the long-arm machine. The quilt motif and thread made the quilting nearly invisible but there was a subtle Gardenia pattern all over. I'll start working on the binding as soon as it's ready too pick up.

The other one is in the washer - it's first spin around the tub to verify all the seams are solid and it's ready to deliver.

RCA Quilt #3

I decided to drop this one off to the Long-arm quilter. I could probably have done simple straight-line quilting on it but after going the book of motifs, there was one that really shouted out for this quilt. It's an open heart pattern. I won't get it back until all the others have been done (maybe early November) but it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

No news from the company I interviewed with last week so I'm going to pretend, for just one more day, that I'm a quilt master.

No comments:

Post a Comment