Sunday, September 8, 2013

RCA Quilt #2

I got to do some machine quilting today. Normally this isn't my favorite task - I'd much rather take a quilt to the Long-arm quilter - but in this case, I wanted a simple straight stitch which isn't going to happen with a long-arm. So, I got out the invisible pen, marked a chevron pattern and got to quilting.

I was nearly done - just a couple more rows when I ran out of thread. For a minute, I considered finishing with white thread but the variegated that the customer picked out was really nice. AND, I would know that I'd cheated. The next option was jump over to JoAnn's and get more of the pretty stuff but I hadn't put on any make up, it was after 5 and I was tired enough to know if I kept going, I'd make a mistake I couldn't repair. So I shifted gears and watched a movie.

The perfect way to spend a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment