Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quilt Photo Shoot

Yesterday was amazing! I hooked up with my friend the photographer and we took 12 of my quilts to a local nursery where they gave us permission to use the posts and pots as back drops for quilt pictures - as long as we didn't move anything. We didn't exactly adhere to the "don't move anything" request but we always put everything back where we found it.

It took several hours and who knows how many pictures - the power of digital as opposed to film. And several people asked about the quilts. Unfortunately, I am completely out of business cards but it was still quite nice to hear people's reactions to what I'd produced.

When I get the pictures (the photographer will work on them a little before she gives them to me), I'll post them on my Quilt Magic board on Pinterest - for all to see.

Mother's Love Quilt

I got the first of the three Mother's Love quilts back from the long-arm quilter today. It happens to be my favorite - lots of soft pinks and purples. I got the binding on and the extra fabric cut off so now all I need to do is tack down the binding. I do that by hand - very therapeutic.
 

RCA Quilt #3

I found a lovely flannel to use for the back on the RCA Quilt #3. Just a simple back, no piecing.

No comments:

Post a Comment