Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mother's Love Quilts

The past few days have been mostly about getting the three (that's right, 3) Mother's Love quilts done so they are ready to deliver next week. Today I finished stitching down the last of the quilts. I know it is faster to machine stitch the binding but I like the rhythm and the fact that with a blind stitch, you can hide the thread. There's something in me that really enjoys that kind of precision.

So what if I now have a callus on my stitching finger and a bit of a crink in my neck. There are also 3 beautiful quilts - if I do say so myself. Very satisfying.

I'm thinking I might need to take a few photography lessons - I wasn't able to figure out how to show off how nice these quilts are so here's my best effort.

Even though they are all made with the same pattern, the material is so different, even I can't tell.

 
 
V's quilt is pink and green with flowers in the material and in the quilt motif:


E's is all boy - bright orange and blue:


NB's is great burgundy and purple:


Tomorrow, my sewing machine goes in for a check up and Michael and I go to Disneyland. Hopefully, we will all be ready to come back home at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment